FORUM FANATICS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FORUM FANATICS

Meet friends, discuss issues, let off steam!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

world trade center- the movie- Good Idea or exploitation?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
DamianHex
Admin
DamianHex

Number of posts : 2428
Registration date : 2005-10-14

world trade center- the movie- Good Idea or exploitation? Empty
PostSubject: world trade center- the movie- Good Idea or exploitation?   world trade center- the movie- Good Idea or exploitation? EmptyMon 21 Aug - 14:49

Im sure its a story that many are interested in and certainly we've had countless movies on the holocaust, WW2 ect but maybe its just me..but this one feels a bit too soon. I dunno, but seeing nicolas cage in a film about such a horrendous incident seems odd. As I said tho, theres no lack of films based on OTHER tragic non fictional events so maybe its just me. What do you guys think? rendeer
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/marcuskane666/
Cawston
fanatic
Cawston

Number of posts : 353
Registration date : 2005-10-30

PostSubject: Re: world trade center- the movie- Good Idea or exploitation?   world trade center- the movie- Good Idea or exploitation? EmptyMon 21 Aug - 17:46

I think this world trade center thing is getting milked far to much. Im sick of hearing about it. I know it's a horrible thing but when almost everything points towards the own government doing it it's stupid.

America is milking this for as much as it's worth and it's sickening
Back to top Go down
DamianHex
Admin
DamianHex

PostSubject: Re: world trade center- the movie- Good Idea or exploitation?   world trade center- the movie- Good Idea or exploitation? EmptyMon 21 Aug - 18:21

Trust me josh..only micheal moores pathetic lies and half truths point to our governments involvement. Had we been involved bin laden would have said so up front thus cause a civil uprising. it was terrorism we chose to be arrogent enough to think couldnt happen here... but we didnt cause it willingly rendeer
Back to top Go down
Cawston
fanatic
Cawston

PostSubject: Re: world trade center- the movie- Good Idea or exploitation?   world trade center- the movie- Good Idea or exploitation? EmptyMon 21 Aug - 18:39

Oh i totally agree about mcihael moore. But i never saw farenheit 9/11 so my oppinions aren't based off of that.

Part 1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zUht6cLkMc

Part 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-guQaYgrWqI
Back to top Go down
Cawston
fanatic
Cawston

PostSubject: Re: world trade center- the movie- Good Idea or exploitation?   world trade center- the movie- Good Idea or exploitation? EmptyMon 21 Aug - 18:42

You have two watch both parts they are the same movie but it was to long to upload as a whole on youtube
Back to top Go down
DamianHex
Admin
DamianHex

PostSubject: Re: world trade center- the movie- Good Idea or exploitation?   world trade center- the movie- Good Idea or exploitation? EmptyMon 21 Aug - 18:44

actually I've seen these and while they are interesting they have no real basis other than sheer speculation. Bin Laden took full credit for this when if he IMPLICATED us he could have caused a MILLION times more damage to the usa so that in itself is the proof I'd say
Back to top Go down
Cawston
fanatic
Cawston

PostSubject: Re: world trade center- the movie- Good Idea or exploitation?   world trade center- the movie- Good Idea or exploitation? EmptyMon 21 Aug - 18:56

Possibly but if he put out the speculation of it being america there prolly wouldn't have been the war at least not so soon and a lot less people joing up to fight it.

He has nothing against letting his followers die that's apparent by starting up a war he's getting more american casualties without having to go to them. He has america sending them straight into gunfire
Back to top Go down
Cawston
fanatic
Cawston

PostSubject: Re: world trade center- the movie- Good Idea or exploitation?   world trade center- the movie- Good Idea or exploitation? EmptyMon 21 Aug - 18:57

But there is also the people who built the towers saying it's not possible for the heat of the explosion to have done the structural damage that was caused it would have had to been burning much longer then it was.
Back to top Go down
DamianHex
Admin
DamianHex

PostSubject: Re: world trade center- the movie- Good Idea or exploitation?   world trade center- the movie- Good Idea or exploitation? EmptyMon 21 Aug - 19:02

what would YOU say if faced with the fact your buildind collapsed? recall it DIDNT fall till the SECOND plane exploded. The force of TWO planes taking each tower out combined with the tons of fuel already IN the building AND the electrical wiring was massive. Almost the force of an atom bomb. They hit HIGH and it crumbled using the buildings own FORCE against it. Im skeptical our govenment would kill innocent people for no REAL reason as REBUILDING Iraq and our loss is far greater in terms of dollars & cents then if we simply bought every drop of OIL they ever had.
Back to top Go down
Cawston
fanatic
Cawston

PostSubject: Re: world trade center- the movie- Good Idea or exploitation?   world trade center- the movie- Good Idea or exploitation? EmptyMon 21 Aug - 20:31

possibly. I still stand by my beliefs and am thankful i live in Canada hahaha
Back to top Go down
Crystal
whore spice
Crystal

Number of posts : 5320

PostSubject: Re: world trade center- the movie- Good Idea or exploitation?   world trade center- the movie- Good Idea or exploitation? EmptyMon 21 Aug - 22:27

DamianHex wrote:
Im sure its a story that many are interested in and certainly we've had countless movies on the holocaust, WW2 ect but maybe its just me..but this one feels a bit too soon. I dunno, but seeing nicolas cage in a film about such a horrendous incident seems odd. As I said tho, theres no lack of films based on OTHER tragic non fictional events so maybe its just me. What do you guys think? rendeer

Trully Hex your not alone in your thought or feeling, Many have had the same reaction you have.

Good idea or bad, they will get people talking. They already have, example: right here. Depending on how you look at it, this is either an act of exploitation, utilizing built-in controversy, or meant to stimulate heated discussion/disscusions and thus important filmmaking, Just like Michel Moores film, fact or speculation! I imagine they will handle the tragedy with layers upon layers of respect.

Really though as I think about it it will never be to soon or a right time.. cause those who have wittnessed it frist hand, or those who have lost someone in this event will always remember, just as those other films would bring back memories for other historical events in history no matter how many years ago it happened.. for some the pain or feelings they have will never go away.. you just simple have a choice to watch it or not to I guess .
Back to top Go down
DamianHex
Admin
DamianHex

PostSubject: Re: world trade center- the movie- Good Idea or exploitation?   world trade center- the movie- Good Idea or exploitation? EmptyTue 22 Aug - 12:03

Crystal: I suppose u r right. I know it centers on those brave enough to be running INTO the building while most were running out..but Im not sure I approve of it getting a hollywood makeover. I also wonder if the profits will go to family members ect..

Josh: yes, you ARE entitled to your beliefs..after all, some think ELVIS is alive yet! lol rendeer scratch
Back to top Go down
Cawston
fanatic
Cawston

PostSubject: Re: world trade center- the movie- Good Idea or exploitation?   world trade center- the movie- Good Idea or exploitation? EmptyTue 22 Aug - 12:18

DamianHex wrote:

Josh: yes, you ARE entitled to your beliefs..after all, some think ELVIS is alive yet! lol rendeer scratch
lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: world trade center- the movie- Good Idea or exploitation?   world trade center- the movie- Good Idea or exploitation? Empty

Back to top Go down

world trade center- the movie- Good Idea or exploitation?
Page 1 of 1