FORUM FANATICS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FORUM FANATICS

Meet friends, discuss issues, let off steam!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Malakai from PalByte -- what an odd coincidence!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Malakai
Jenna JR
Malakai

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2007-10-25

Malakai from PalByte -- what an odd coincidence! Empty
PostSubject: Malakai from PalByte -- what an odd coincidence!   Malakai from PalByte -- what an odd coincidence! EmptyThu 25 Oct - 20:45

Man, by sheer chance I found a link to this site when I was searching Google for something totally unrelated. I saw this site and the names of a couple of people I recognized from years ago at Palbyte, clicked the link, checked it out, and was quite surprised.

Not sure if too many people remember me; I only remember a handful of you guys from Palbyte, Cawston especially since I think we chatted the most.

For those that remember and care: in the years since I was at Palbyte, I've since finally made the move to Morocco (in North Africa) like I talked about for so long. I lived and traveled there for just over a year, and have since traveled all over the rest of Africa and the Middle East. Thanks to Cawston's initial help with French (years ago I didn't speak a lick), I've since become virtually fluent in French (with the help of some university courses and living in a French-speaking African nation for a year). Now that French is tackled, I've been studying Arabic and Hebrew hoping to gain near-fluency in about a year.

I'm currently back in the U.S. writing for two online African advocacy organizations, and I'm constantly going on new adventures (3 weeks ago I summitted Blanca Peak, the 7th highest peak in the nation, as part of a photojournalism team with Outside magazine, and I'm leaving in 3 weeks to trace the entire length of the Arkansas River in a kayak).

I'm also studying ancient history, religion, and cultural anthropology and working towards a master's degree specializing in the effects of early pagan civilizations on ancient Judaism and early Christianity -- exciting stuff for me, boring for many others.

If anybody has a Myspace account, and we actually talked on Palbyte, feel free to add me: http://www.myspace.com/indianajosh -- I have pictures of most of my travels as well as blogs covering my wild experiences in North Africa and the Sahara Desert.

Again, I was just surprised to see ex-Palbyters still floating around online and thought it'd be interesting to catch up with a few of you guys!

Take care!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/indianajosh
Taylor
Forum Queen
Taylor

Number of posts : 530
Registration date : 2005-10-17

PostSubject: Re: Malakai from PalByte -- what an odd coincidence!   Malakai from PalByte -- what an odd coincidence! EmptyFri 26 Oct - 2:37

sounds like youve been up to alot...i dont know if you remember me but i remember you. i was ally05 i think...maybe?
Back to top Go down
stajna
addict
stajna

Number of posts : 777
Registration date : 2005-10-21

PostSubject: Re: Malakai from PalByte -- what an odd coincidence!   Malakai from PalByte -- what an odd coincidence! EmptyFri 26 Oct - 9:55

I don't think we ever talked on palbyte, but welcome anyway! Seems like you've been up to lot's of interesting things!
Back to top Go down
Cawston
fanatic
Cawston

Number of posts : 353
Registration date : 2005-10-30

PostSubject: Re: Malakai from PalByte -- what an odd coincidence!   Malakai from PalByte -- what an odd coincidence! EmptyFri 26 Oct - 11:49

Kai!

Your name is Josh? Suspect
Back to top Go down
Malakai
Jenna JR
Malakai

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2007-10-25

PostSubject: Re: Malakai from PalByte -- what an odd coincidence!   Malakai from PalByte -- what an odd coincidence! EmptyFri 26 Oct - 12:00

Hey guys -- I definitely remember you, ally05. Nice to meet you Stajna. And yes Cawston, Josh is my first name. Malakai is my middle name, and what a lot of people have always called me growing up, so it kinda stuck. I'm trying to reclaim my first name, though. I completely forgot your name is Josh as well.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/indianajosh
Cawston
fanatic
Cawston

Number of posts : 353
Registration date : 2005-10-30

PostSubject: Re: Malakai from PalByte -- what an odd coincidence!   Malakai from PalByte -- what an odd coincidence! EmptyFri 26 Oct - 19:34

Dude I have missed our conversations, about french, and techno bass and and communist giraffes
Back to top Go down
Taylor
Forum Queen
Taylor

Number of posts : 530
Registration date : 2005-10-17

PostSubject: Re: Malakai from PalByte -- what an odd coincidence!   Malakai from PalByte -- what an odd coincidence! EmptyFri 26 Oct - 23:10

=D so how have things been besides all that stuff mentioned above?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Malakai from PalByte -- what an odd coincidence!   Malakai from PalByte -- what an odd coincidence! Empty

Back to top Go down

Malakai from PalByte -- what an odd coincidence!
Page 1 of 1