FORUM FANATICS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FORUM FANATICS

Meet friends, discuss issues, let off steam!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dear Hex:

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Cawston
fanatic
Cawston

Number of posts : 353
Registration date : 2005-10-30

Dear Hex: Empty
PostSubject: Dear Hex:   Dear Hex: EmptySun 12 Nov - 3:21

Guess who just got a shitload of Deadpool comics in like perfect condition!

If you didn't know already the answer is Josh aka..Me

Im so stoked hahaha I've been looking for these for so long I felt a little hollow only having the Cable and Deadpool series.

but not anymore i Got like 50 Deadpool comics Very Happy
|
Only hex will truly be able to appreciate this Hex or Kyle since Kyle was into comics too...but he's not on here so only hex. Hex i feel can appreciate the genius that is Deadpool.
Back to top Go down
DamianHex
Admin
DamianHex

Number of posts : 2428
Registration date : 2005-10-14

PostSubject: Re: Dear Hex:   Dear Hex: EmptySun 12 Nov - 10:02

WOW! thats quite a nice jackpot...where did you come across them? For those who dont follow the comics series Deadpool is a mercenary for hire, a kind of Wolverine meets punisher in a sense...The comics are awesome as is the storylines. Hey Josh, Ryan Reynolds has confirmed that there WILL be a Deadpool movie! The really cool thing about deadpool is his awareness that he IS a comic book character lol. Looks like you got some good reading ahead! santa
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/marcuskane666/
Cawston
fanatic
Cawston

PostSubject: Re: Dear Hex:   Dear Hex: EmptySun 12 Nov - 12:04

I just hope the deadpool movie isn't crap. And yea I love how he breaks the fourth wall and then all the other characters have no idea what he's talking about.

I love the one issue of i think it's cable and deadpool where he makes reference to the civil war storyline and asks why people were shocked when spider man revealed himself and took off his mask. Because everyone had probably seen the movie and knew it was actually Toby Maguire XD
Back to top Go down
DamianHex
Admin
DamianHex

PostSubject: Re: Dear Hex:   Dear Hex: EmptyMon 13 Nov - 14:06

Lets just hope the movie dont try to change the entire story..its a bit dark. They've been known to DO that with comic book movie adaptions.
Back to top Go down
Cawston
fanatic
Cawston

PostSubject: Re: Dear Hex:   Dear Hex: EmptyMon 13 Nov - 18:25

Ya it's punisher esque dark style just not AS dark.

Was the punisher movie any good anyway I never saw it cause i was scared it would suck
Back to top Go down
DamianHex
Admin
DamianHex

PostSubject: Re: Dear Hex:   Dear Hex: EmptyTue 14 Nov - 11:12

The Punisher movie was actually quite good surprisingly. I had very low expectations after the HORRIBLE Dolph Lungren version several years ago..but was really impressed. The true nature of the character didnt really evolve till the end..and as with the other one they INSIST on making him a cop ..but its WELL worth watching. My choice as best COMIC BOOK based movie last year:)
Back to top Go down
Cawston
fanatic
Cawston

PostSubject: Re: Dear Hex:   Dear Hex: EmptyWed 15 Nov - 11:58

OH i forgot to tell you where i got them. Ebay FTW. 10 bucks in totale

hahah it was badass
Back to top Go down
DamianHex
Admin
DamianHex

PostSubject: Re: Dear Hex:   Dear Hex: EmptyThu 16 Nov - 10:31

Gotta love Ebay...someone let those go very cheap considering the movie will shoot the prices up a lot. You are prolly like me and buy to READ not invest..but its icing on the cake if they end up being worth 10 times more than you paid:) rendeer
Back to top Go down
Cawston
fanatic
Cawston

PostSubject: Re: Dear Hex:   Dear Hex: EmptyThu 16 Nov - 15:40

heck yea no point in deadpool comics if you aren't going to read them.

And now I am looking forward to this movie, when is it supposed to come out?
Back to top Go down
DamianHex
Admin
DamianHex

PostSubject: Re: Dear Hex:   Dear Hex: EmptyFri 17 Nov - 11:42

I think its still in the development stages so it could be a year or so...Look how long its taking for the Ghost Rider movie to debut. I saw a few trailers and it looks pretty awesome tho! rendeer
Back to top Go down
Cawston
fanatic
Cawston

PostSubject: Re: Dear Hex:   Dear Hex: EmptyFri 17 Nov - 13:09

Oh yea im hoping the ghost rider movie will be badass when he's driving by the lamp posts on his hell cycle and they are like melting AH so sweet.

Did you hear they are also making a Luke Cage movie?
Back to top Go down
DamianHex
Admin
DamianHex

PostSubject: Re: Dear Hex:   Dear Hex: EmptyFri 17 Nov - 13:37

If they are making a luke cage-powerman movie they HAVE to try getting the rock to play him!
Back to top Go down
Cawston
fanatic
Cawston

PostSubject: Re: Dear Hex:   Dear Hex: EmptyFri 17 Nov - 17:47

0o0o I never though about him. I was going through in my head who could play him.

He surprisingly is not that bad of an actor at least in his recent movies, good acting in grid iron gang.

Bu tyea im hopeing this luke cage movie will be awsome...a black panther movie or a silver surfer movie would make me happy

Oh or a moon knight movie that would be interesting if done right
Back to top Go down
DamianHex
Admin
DamianHex

PostSubject: Re: Dear Hex:   Dear Hex: EmptySat 18 Nov - 10:08

Yeah he's gotta be the obvious choice. Even from fight coeography stand point...wonder if they will try to sneak Iron fist into it? Moon knight is one of my fav characters and IF they go with his Original Origin would be a GREAT movie. Is he a bit batman-esque? yes..but even so..a GREAT character with a real air of mystery about him and I could see it being an awesome movie rendeer
Back to top Go down
Cawston
fanatic
Cawston

PostSubject: Re: Dear Hex:   Dear Hex: EmptySat 18 Nov - 16:15

yea he's pretty much the marvel universes version of batman although depending on when they make the movie take place he COULD have his super powers the whole enhanced speed and strength depending on the phases of the moon.

But he gainedt hat power from the same egyptian god later on in the comics after he died and was svaed again.

Cause I know the god and his worshippers had given him his crescent shaped darts and discs in the begining.
Back to top Go down
DamianHex
Admin
DamianHex

PostSubject: Re: Dear Hex:   Dear Hex: EmptySat 18 Nov - 17:48

I enjoyed the moon knight comics when it wasnt really certain if he HAD any real powers that weren't some odd manifestation of he own mind. Yeah he was a mercenary who was left to die by his group who turned out to be pretty much thugs. while inside the pyramid he THOUGHT he was given special powers but for a long time it wasnt really known IF or HOW...I loved that concept. santa
Back to top Go down
Cawston
fanatic
Cawston

PostSubject: Re: Dear Hex:   Dear Hex: EmptySun 19 Nov - 0:45

well he didn't really have special powers after he became the moon knight. If i remeber correctly there was a point in time where he came near death (this being far after the origin and what not) that the same god endowed him with different phases of the moon power dealy.

Like for a long time he didn't have super powers although he did have that badass adamantium staff
Back to top Go down
DamianHex
Admin
DamianHex

PostSubject: Re: Dear Hex:   Dear Hex: EmptySun 19 Nov - 15:12

Well not exactly SUPER powers but...He always seemed able to, on occassion, show a strength level FAR past a normal persons... on OCCASSION meaning only in extreme circumstances.. If you check the marvel universe guide you'll see they attribute that to the "possible' connection with the god..or was it just his BELIEF he was given the power that allowed him to do certain things? THATS the moon knight I loved to read. I have his very first appearence in "werewolf by night" and also his marvel spotlight premiere issues and I always found the psychological aspect to be intriguing. After he really got his "superpowers" I liked it less..tho still think its better than most of the trype DC comics turns out..Marvel was always my fav anyways tho...

Heres a few ULTRA cool characters I always enjoyed..most you prolly heard of, but if not check them out!

The Palidan- sort of a hero for hire guy
The Hangman- the most psychologically twisted NON super villian EVER
Mr fear- cant get cooler than that
Deathstalker- dead now but AWESOME
Tarantula- South american mercenary with savate skills & spiked shoes
Machete- a Capt American baddie but VERY cool
Weaponsmaster- British mercenary
cloak & dagger- LOVED the mini series
The Gael- the character Colin Farrel was REALLY playing in daredevil ( despite the bullseye outfit)
Satana- Daughter of the devil ( and DAMN hot) lol
Back to top Go down
KtotheB
Karly boi
KtotheB

Number of posts : 1574
Registration date : 2005-10-15

PostSubject: Re: Dear Hex:   Dear Hex: EmptySun 19 Nov - 16:31

sounds like a decent comic booooooooooooooooooooooook bounce
Back to top Go down
Cawston
fanatic
Cawston

PostSubject: Re: Dear Hex:   Dear Hex: EmptySun 19 Nov - 19:43

haha yea I've heard of all of them man hex we're the biigest comic book geeks in here hahaha.

And personally I wanna see a cloak and dagger movie, dagger was fucking awsome and cloaks well cloak was awsome hahah.

I liked when they teamed up with spider man on occasion.

OH OH OH Hex did you read any of the "Runaways" comics? they were recently done I think that would make a good movie it's pretty good at getting the whole REAL teenager perspective in and then giving them powers haha.
Back to top Go down
Cawston
fanatic
Cawston

PostSubject: Re: Dear Hex:   Dear Hex: EmptySun 19 Nov - 20:56

But yes I agree Marvel is far superior to DC i can't think of anything that really stands out in DC even the characters seem a "tad" clichéd
Back to top Go down
DamianHex
Admin
DamianHex

PostSubject: Re: Dear Hex:   Dear Hex: EmptyMon 20 Nov - 14:36

well..we are the GOOD kinda geeks tho lol!

Heard of runaways but have yet to read any...I'll have to get on it tho santa
Back to top Go down
Cawston
fanatic
Cawston

PostSubject: Re: Dear Hex:   Dear Hex: EmptyMon 20 Nov - 14:57

I started reading the runaways while I was at work in the summer haha it's pretty cool it has a shapeshifter from either the skrull planet or the kree

It has kid ultron (Ultron's son) don't ask me how that works lol
Back to top Go down
DamianHex
Admin
DamianHex

PostSubject: Re: Dear Hex:   Dear Hex: EmptyTue 21 Nov - 10:20

Ultrons SON? lol gotta check that out...

I raided a local comic store several weeks ago and they had a "100 for $25" sale on overstocked issues in their bargain basement. To my shock I was able to find the ENTIRE foolkiller mini series and quite a few Punisher war zones. Also some midnight sons and even a few interesting one shot type comics. including....ROM! lmfao

Know what Im getting into collecting? Old dc "house of mystery" I dig the art! rendeer
Back to top Go down
Cawston
fanatic
Cawston

PostSubject: Re: Dear Hex:   Dear Hex: EmptyTue 21 Nov - 12:16

hahah that 100 for 25$ deal is awsome. I wish we had a comic store here like not a cheap one like a big one that takes it seriously that would be awsome.

They need to bring more of the non-spotlighted characters into the light more often. Personally that's why i liked the whole civil war thing because you got to see so many of the old super heros you rarely see or hear about anymore.

They had luke cage even ms marvel i know she isn't as unknown but i haven't heard much of her like she isn't as popular as spider man. Hell most people don't even know she went by the name War bird and binary Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dear Hex:   Dear Hex: Empty

Back to top Go down

Dear Hex:
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
FORUM FANATICS :: Forum Fanatics News-
Jump to: