FORUM FANATICS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FORUM FANATICS

Meet friends, discuss issues, let off steam!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What Is The Most Disturbing Film?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Crystal
whore spice
Crystal

Number of posts : 5320
Registration date : 2005-10-14

What Is The Most Disturbing Film? Empty
PostSubject: What Is The Most Disturbing Film?   What Is The Most Disturbing Film? EmptyMon 17 Apr - 11:23

What is the most disturbing movie, overall, that you have seen? The choices can be ultra-violent or gory. They can be emotionally harrowing. It can be a movie filled with unsettling images. Anything that shocks your senses.

The most disturbing movies I have ever seen/think are:

1) American History X
2) Schindler's List - It was a truly excellent movie, and I'll never watch it again. Just too too too real.
3) Se7en
4) Tears Of The Sun
5) Gorillas In the Mist

I actually have quite an extensive list..LoL Razz
Back to top Go down
DamianHex
Admin
DamianHex

Number of posts : 2428

PostSubject: Re: What Is The Most Disturbing Film?   What Is The Most Disturbing Film? EmptyMon 17 Apr - 12:44

An easy subject for me..as I collect distrubing movies lol

Salo- 100 days of sodom ( banned in most counrties till several years ago and HONESTLY disturbing)

Men behind the sun- Japanese war atrocity film RUMORED to include REAL footage found in japanese camps after the war- (VERY disturbing)

Mark Of the devil- about witch hunts in europe- viewers were given VOMIT bags at theatres just in case!

Last house on the left ( UNCUT)- This film has be edited SO many times now that its NOT very distrubing but if you get to see it in its 90 + minute version prepare to be disturbed for a VERY long time
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/marcuskane666/
Emely
Jenna Jr

Number of posts : 1254
Registration date : 2005-11-22

PostSubject: Re: What Is The Most Disturbing Film?   What Is The Most Disturbing Film? EmptyMon 17 Apr - 13:01

i haven't seen very many extremely disturbing movies.. i'd say SAW 2 is the most disturbing i've seen.. yea that must be it Razz in terms of i-dont-want-to-be-her(him)-right-now-cause-that-must-hurt-like-hell ways..
Back to top Go down
DamianHex
Admin
DamianHex

PostSubject: Re: What Is The Most Disturbing Film?   What Is The Most Disturbing Film? EmptyMon 17 Apr - 13:08

yeah, both SAW films were intense but not as distrubing to me as those I mentioned...all of those stayed with me for DAYS and a few scence STILL pop into my head at times!

Added to the list might be CALIGULA too...that was pretty disturbing in some aspects..as were all the " faces of death" videos ( at least the animal scences that I had to fast forward thru...

Watching some idiot get killed because hes dumb enough to approach a bear with food is not as bad as watching poor animals killed for no reason IMO
Back to top Go down
Emely
Jenna Jr

PostSubject: Re: What Is The Most Disturbing Film?   What Is The Most Disturbing Film? EmptyMon 17 Apr - 13:29

i'll borrow this thread as the subject is close enough to this:P

do u guys think that the hellraiser movies have gotten more "PR" than they earned? cause when i saw them they weren't all that good like i've read and heard about them.. maybe its just me idk Smile
Back to top Go down
DamianHex
Admin
DamianHex

PostSubject: Re: What Is The Most Disturbing Film?   What Is The Most Disturbing Film? EmptyMon 17 Apr - 13:31

well, yes and no...

Yes because Clive Barker who wrote it was very famous at the time so it got MAJOR attention.

No because the FIRST one was preety interesting IMO...subsequent ones got worse and worse tho... TBH its not CLOSE to my fav horror series and I never was much of a clive barker fan to begin with:)
Back to top Go down
Emely
Jenna Jr

PostSubject: Re: What Is The Most Disturbing Film?   What Is The Most Disturbing Film? EmptyMon 17 Apr - 13:33

thanks for sharing Smile i know you are like a horrormovie guru here i guess.. Razz
so what is your favourite horror movie(s) ? Razz
Back to top Go down
DamianHex
Admin
DamianHex

PostSubject: Re: What Is The Most Disturbing Film?   What Is The Most Disturbing Film? EmptyMon 17 Apr - 13:38

LOL yeah I love horror films:)

1:evil dead pt1- the others were VERY dumb
2- Dawn of the dead- old version
3- Superstition- VERY good rare horror film
4- Scarecrows- another kinda hard to find one but GREAT
5: texas chainsaw mass- older version
6_ scars of Dracula- English vampire movie
7: the hearse- only PG rated but DAMN scary
8: Night of the living dead
9:Ghost town
10: The Exorcist

How about everyone else?
Back to top Go down
Crystal
whore spice
Crystal

PostSubject: Re: What Is The Most Disturbing Film?   What Is The Most Disturbing Film? EmptyMon 17 Apr - 13:50

Viki wrote:
i'll borrow this thread as the subject is close enough to this:P

do u guys think that the hellraiser movies have gotten more "PR" than they earned? cause when i saw them they weren't all that good like i've read and heard about them.. maybe its just me idk Smile

You know though Viki Most movies now a days have gotten more "PR' then they should have be it a horror film or not, Im really disappointed in that last few yrs of movies.. Suspect
Back to top Go down
Emely
Jenna Jr

PostSubject: Re: What Is The Most Disturbing Film?   What Is The Most Disturbing Film? EmptyMon 17 Apr - 13:52

IMO i dont think that the technology evolution has been negative. okay it destroys many movie re-makes and such but if u compare from 10-20 yrs ago it's more realistic, and it makes it feel like it's more real. crap i hate not being able to talk like I use to cause it's really hard for me to express(?) myself in english.. dunno what i wanted to say anymore in this post ^^
Back to top Go down
Crystal
whore spice
Crystal

PostSubject: Re: What Is The Most Disturbing Film?   What Is The Most Disturbing Film? EmptyMon 17 Apr - 14:00

As For Fav Horror, Hmm kinda tough to deside.. The Exorcist,The Shining,CUJO, Jacobs Ladder..

and I haven't seen it yet, but Im sure Hostel is going to distrub me or scary the shit outta me..LoL
Back to top Go down
Crystal
whore spice
Crystal

PostSubject: Re: What Is The Most Disturbing Film?   What Is The Most Disturbing Film? EmptyMon 17 Apr - 14:01

Viki wrote:
IMO i dont think that the technology evolution has been negative. okay it destroys many movie re-makes and such but if u compare from 10-20 yrs ago it's more realistic, and it makes it feel like it's more real. crap i hate not being able to talk like I use to cause it's really hard for me to express(?) myself in english.. dunno what i wanted to say anymore in this post ^^

I know what you mean, and i couldn't agree more with you.. Smile
Back to top Go down
Emely
Jenna Jr

PostSubject: Re: What Is The Most Disturbing Film?   What Is The Most Disturbing Film? EmptyMon 17 Apr - 14:04

its almost like a remote feeling or subconsiousness that tells u that "this could happen in real life". because its so real Razz
Back to top Go down
DamianHex
Admin
DamianHex

PostSubject: Re: What Is The Most Disturbing Film?   What Is The Most Disturbing Film? EmptyMon 17 Apr - 14:05

Yes I know what you mean too...It can be a curse or a blessing this modern effects technology...IF a film needs it then great..but I didnt need to see matrix style fighting in Jason vs Freddy:) lol
Back to top Go down
Emely
Jenna Jr

PostSubject: Re: What Is The Most Disturbing Film?   What Is The Most Disturbing Film? EmptyMon 17 Apr - 14:07

exactly what i was trying to say Smile its not just negative although it may seem so Razz
Back to top Go down
DamianHex
Admin
DamianHex

PostSubject: Re: What Is The Most Disturbing Film?   What Is The Most Disturbing Film? EmptyMon 17 Apr - 14:34

no its far from all bad..just sometimes misused in place of a plot. I think newer stuff can be far superior to older if they just allow the modern technology to enhance it and not overshadow it:)
Back to top Go down
Crystal
whore spice
Crystal

PostSubject: Re: What Is The Most Disturbing Film?   What Is The Most Disturbing Film? EmptyMon 17 Apr - 14:38

To add to distrubing movies..

The Generals Daughter and 8MM
Back to top Go down
DamianHex
Admin
DamianHex

PostSubject: Re: What Is The Most Disturbing Film?   What Is The Most Disturbing Film? EmptyMon 17 Apr - 15:12

yes 8mm WAS distrubing...
Back to top Go down
Crystal
whore spice
Crystal

PostSubject: Re: What Is The Most Disturbing Film?   What Is The Most Disturbing Film? EmptyMon 17 Apr - 15:18

If my memory serves me correctly the movie wasn't that bad but I thought VERY disturbing..

Wolf Creek though I thought was a shitty movie, was rather disturbing considering how many this man had killed man, women or child.. the most disturbing Part is what seemed to be a half as atempt to even solve the case/cases..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Is The Most Disturbing Film?   What Is The Most Disturbing Film? Empty

Back to top Go down

What Is The Most Disturbing Film?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
FORUM FANATICS :: Media-
Jump to: